Technical Writer (Temporary)
OHIO811 is seeking a technical writer to help compile and complete various required documentation, focusing on the organization’s Business Continuity Plan. The position would be temporary for 3-12 months unless more time is needed.
OHIO811 is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to preventing damage to member facilities and promoting public safety by providing an efficient and effective communication and education process between member utilities and individuals or companies planning to excavate in Ohio.
- Work with the internal Leadership Team to obtain an in-depth understanding of the business and the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Create the information structure.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.