Welcome to e-dig the easy online homeowner dig request for non-emergency single address locates only. With just the click of a mouse, homeowners can enter a single address locates via the e-dig program.
Restrictions and Requirements:
- Single addresses only, not extending markings beyond the addresses boundaries
- No Emergency or less than 48-hour notice requests
- No Pre-Planning/Design requests
- Must have a valid email address
- The 48-hour notice does not start until you receive an email receipt confirmation showing the ticket number and start date and time. These requests may take up to 24 hours to process excluding weekends and legal holidays
If these requirements are not and cannot be met, please call one of our Customer Service Representatives at 8-1-1 or 800-362-2764.
The date and time that you are legally allowed to begin your excavation will be 48 hours (two full working days not including weekends and legal holidays) from the time that OHIO811 processes your locate request, but no more than 10 working days after receipt of confirmation. This legal start date and time will be included as part of your confirmation. If you begin your excavation prior to that time, you may be subject to liability for damaged underground facilities.
IF YOU HAVE HIRED AN EXCAVATOR TO DO WORK ON YOUR PROPERTY, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE.
By law, it is the responsibility of the excavator to submit the notification.
For more information, please refer to Ohio Revised Code 3781.25 (K) if you have any questions or need clarification.
If you already have requested markings and have an existing ticket number for your dig location DO NOT CONTINUE but call 811 or 800-362-2764 and give the in-house Customer Service Representative your ticket number and they can assist you at that time.
If you have found, knicked or cut an underground facility, please DO NOT CONTINUE but call 811 or 800-362-2764.
Safe digging starts with you!