Excavator Member Benefits
Professional excavators and contractors can join OHIO811 through our special Excavator Membership option. In February of 1996, the OHIO811 Board of Trustees unanimously approved a provision to allow excavators (individuals whose main course of business is excavation) to join as OHIO811 members and to participate in its meetings. Previously, board seats were reserved for facility owners only. This new partnership occurred as a result of OHIO811’s efforts to enhance participation and increase the safety awareness of underground damage prevention of excavators in the industry. Such a positive alliance further supports the OHIO811 mission.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of becoming an OHIO811 Excavator Members:
- Commitment to Safety – Demonstration of your company’s support for public safety and quality service.
- Industry Representation – OHIO811 bylaws allow for an excavator member to represent his or her industry group with a seat on the Board of Trustees.
- Organizational Voice – Members have the ability to serve on various operating committees advising the Board of Trustees on operational issues.
- Public Education Program – Complimentary access to the OHIO811 public education program and supporting materials.
- Networking – The ability to network your organization and services through events and website links.
- Consortium Buying – The opportunity to purchase from a limited catalog of safety-related items at a discounted rate through our consortium buying program.